We recently consulted on several proposed policy changes to the development, approval and delivery of degree apprenticeships.
The consultation was launched on 16 July 2021 and closed on 16 September 2021. We are grateful to the 208 individuals and organisations who responded.
Having carefully considered the feedback from the consultation, as well as from further engagement with various stakeholders, we have decided to proceed with implementing the proposed changes which relate to:
- Amending our mandatory qualifications policy to better support graduate-entry occupations
- Integration of on-the-job and off-the-job training
- Alignment between apprenticeship knowledge, skills and behaviours and degree learning outcomes
- Integration of assessment
- Requiring participation of an independent assessor with occupational expertise
Respondents raised a number of issues that need to be addressed in relation to implementing these changes. These are covered in our response to the consultation.
Also in response to the consultation, the new policies will be introduced via a transition period running between March and September 2022.
Further guidance to support the implementation of the changes will be provided early next year.